When (If) Winter Ends…

by Fontbonne University on March 2, 2015

As it starts to get warmer out and the sun begins to peek through those winter days, I start to get excited! My favorite time of the year is here, the season of bike rides, lakes, and most importantly warm weather! My favorite thing to do this time of year is to go explore Forest Park. There is so much to do and see there that you could spend days just walking the paths. My favorite spot in the huge park is Art Hill. It is the perfect place for a picnic or even to just study while enjoying the fresh air. Forest Park is the best place to experience both nature and the St. Louis culture- it is a perfect balance. Here you will see musical talent, golfers, bike riders, lovers, painters, and so many other amazing people and things. One thing that I did at Forest Park this past summer was paddle boating. I went with three friends and we had an amazing time, ending the perfect day with sandwiches at the Perk Cafe, located right in the heart of Forest Park. I would suggest visiting this amazing park any chance you can get. The great thing about it is that it is so close to Fontbonne and provides a perfect little getaway.

Some friends and I on Art Hill during the fall.

Some friends and I at Art Hill during the fall.

Forest Park Boathouse.