Sweet Donations.

by Fontbonne University on March 31, 2015

Campus was busy this week. Sports were played well, events were held, but I want to talk about the sweet side of things.¬†National Student Speech Language Hearing Association held a donation-based bake sale. This was a broke college kid’s dream.

The bake sale was simple. Step one, walk up and give what you can. Step two, take some baked goods. I gave exactly 76 cents, basically what I had in my wallet. I walked away with a baked good for my class. The club manned the table themselves showing how hard working student organizations are at Fontbonne. The people manning the table were generally happy that you were giving what you could. I left with 76 cents less, but a sweet treat and some gratitude for giving.

Although this isn’t a big event on campus I believe it truly showcases who we are as a school.¬† Student organizations have the power to hold bake sales and create what they want. Small things like this make a small school. Seeing booths scattered in the halls at random times gives me, and I easily expect others, an element of surprise to break up a stressful day.

Today I got a chance to give to a student organization and receive something. Hope your day was as sweet as mine.