Spring Break Part 2: Easter Edition

by Fontbonne University on March 31, 2015

in College Life,New & Future Students

Ok, so, this is a shortened school week for Easter, or as I like to call it Spring Break Part 2. Our first spring break earlier in March was pretty decent, the weather was ok, and it was mostly filled with work for a lot of us. But this weekend will be different! I’m not overly religious, but Easter has always been a holiday that I have cherished for the family time. I come from a decent sized family (20-30 people when we’re all together), we’ve always been very close knit and spending time together is important and cherished. This Easter, much like this past Thanksgiving and Christmas, is even more important. Back in August my grandpa (now 88 years old) was diagnosed with stage four cancer. This rattled the foundation of our family pretty hard, especially for those of us that live out of state (most of my family resides outside of Chicago and just over the border in Wisconsin). Since the diagnosis my grandpa has been doing really well, keeping up with his exercises and keeping a healthy appetite. Everyone else in the family visits home as often as possible, helping my grandma out when she needs it, and enjoying every second we get to spend with everyone. We don’t think of my grandpas’ diagnosis as a tragedy, he’s lived a long life, full of love and memories; rather, this is an opportunity to be even more grateful for the time we do have with him. So this weekend I will happily make the five hour drive north, help cook an awesome Easter brunch, and laugh, a lot, and love very single moment of it. Enjoy this second spring break, go visit with your family and friends, or call them, tell them how much you love them, laugh with them over good jokes and memories. Cherish the moments, that’s what’s truly important in life.