Spring Break 2k15

in Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

Well ladies and gents, salvation has finally decided to grace us. Spring break will be here before we know it, and I honestly couldn’t be happier (I mean, I’m jumping for joy over this way). The trick is, guys, I’m probably gonna be busy with homework and interning the whole break (blah). If I could do anything though, I would most likely shop and sleep, my two favorite words in the English language. Why is that, you ask? Doing these two things will relieve the case of burnout that I have. Besides, I could use an extra large dosage of retail therapy (what girl doesn’t though???). Sleep is an absolute MUST this year, seeing as I always say I’m gonna sleep in but never do, so I owe myself this round of break sleep (trust me, my eyes are begging for it…. BEGGING….)

Black History Fact of the Week: Dr. Mary Frances Berry

Despite the significant obstacles she faced as a child in Tennessee, Dr. Mary Frances Berry has established a reputation as one of the most respected educators in the nation, with more accomplishments still on the horizon.

Born February 17, 1938, poverty split her family apart and she and her brother lived as orphans for a time. While attending segregated high schools during the Jim Crow period in the Deep South, Berry excelled academically and entered Fisk University. She then transferred to Howard University, graduating in 1961.

Berry obtained her Ph.D in history at the University of Michigan in 1966, then went on to work as part of the teaching faculty at the University of Maryland. While at Maryland, Berry oversaw the development of an African-American Studies program.