Spring break!

in College Life,Extracurricular

Spring break means a few things: the semester is halfway over, tanning salons will start making a lot more money, and students get a well needed break from classes…

This spring break, I’m going to try something new! Lately, I’ve been all about trying new things and experiencing as much as I possibly can. Why am I doing this? While routines are healthy and safe, I feel like I have lived in routines for far too long. Sometimes, trying new things doesn’t turn out exactly how I wanted it to, and sometimes it turns out better than I ever thought possible. Either way, I am glad I was able to experience something new!

On March 6th (the first day of spring break), I will be staying on campus to play a sport that I have never played in my entire life, Lacrosse. I have always been interested in the sport but my old school did not offer the opportunity to play. I sprung at the idea that I had the chance to play here at Fontbonne! Just like basketball, Lacrosse will help me live my dream of traveling the world and let me enjoy the feelings that competition brings me. In between games, I will be enjoying my spring break with age appropriate beverages and normal college kid activities! While the weather is not exactly swimsuit friendly, it could be nice to spend time away from civilization and escape somewhere local in order to keep my commitment to Lacrosse. I know it won’t be a Panama City Beach spring break atmosphere but like I said, try new things!

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of March Madness. For those of you who don’t know, March Madness is another name for the NCAA Division I basketball tournament that is held every year at about this time. The tournament is popular among gamblers and is a fun way for groups of friends or families to bet with each other on the outcome of the games. Most likely, I will spend at least 5 hours researching teams for this years bracket. Obsession!? NO… My mother, luckily, ALWAYS wins in my family. I don’t know how she does it but I have been trying for years to overcome her ignorant-genius. Hopefully this year I can knock her out off the throne!

Ev