Don’t Miss Schlafly Farmer’s Market This Weekend!!

in Career Paths,College Life,In Saint Louis

20150124_093657

It may seem hard to believe with all this snow and cold we’ve had this week, but farmer’s market season is right around the corner!! *Happy Dance!!*

Yea, I am a bit excited. To me, there is nothing better than getting to look at glorious piles of produce and shopping from local vendors! Not only do you get fresh, delicious produce, but you support local businesses and farmers too! Total win-win!

I recently thought that I had to live without all this wondrous excitement during the winter months, but then I remember I’m in St. Louis! Where things are open all year round (like the zoo!)

So a few months ago, I went searching to see if there were any farmer’s market that still took place during this time of year. And I found not just one, but TWO! One is the Tower Grove Farmer’s Market, the other is Schlafly Farmer’s Market. Both are only held once a month Nov-March.

Back in January, a fellow dietetics intern and myself where able to visit the Schlafly Farmer’s Market. It is held year-round at the Schlafly Bottleworks location. While the market is outdoors during the summer, it is brought indoors during the winter to allow you to shop through the vendors in comfort!

20150124_091503

I was quite impressed how with many vendors they had, even though it is technically farmer’s market off-season and it was indoors. There were vendors selling honey, coffee, baked goods, eggs, meat, and even organic vegetable seeds (which I really want to pick up for when planting starts in the Concordia Community Gardens across from Cotta!)

20150124_085720 20150124_08481820150124_085835

Inside Schlafly Bottleworks is also a cute little restaurant, which is also open during the farmer’s market serving up brunch.  What a wonderful trip it would be to go have brunch and shop the farmer’s market!?

Now that I have you all excited, I should probably let you know that the Farmer’s Market is happening this Saturday, February 28th from 8:30AM – 12:00PM. I would definitely advice getting there early. It gets quite crowded.

20150124_084044

For more information, go to their website. And if you want to stay in the know about the rest of St. Louis’ farmer’s markets, check out this list on STLToday.com.

Also, be sure to check out my personal health and wellness blog, The Wholey Trinity.  I also love connecting on Twitter or Instagram! (I just posted some awesome pics from a catering event myself a few interns did on campus. Be sure to check out the delicious food!)

-XOXO Hannah

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

Dani March 3, 2015 at 11:20 pm

Thanks for the info on these markets, they’re both so close to my house and I didn’t even know they were open during the winter! You definitely can’t beat fresh, local produce.

Hannah March 5, 2015 at 11:01 am

Your welcome Dani! I know I love venturing to farmer’s markets!! Hopefully you can take advantage of one of these during the winter months. 🙂