You’re Not Just a Number

by Fontbonne University on March 18, 2015

When I was applying for colleges my senior year of high school, I found it difficult to find the “right” college for me. The “right” college for me was one that wouldn’t make me feel like I was just a number. I wanted to know who my classmates were and I wanted professors to know who I was. Finding a university that fit those requirements was harder than I thought. So many colleges don’t allow for the personable relationships that I was looking for. I wanted to be more than just another student on campus.

When I toured Fontbonne for the first time, I realized that it had the requirements that I was looking for. It was a small campus so getting to know fellow classmates wouldn’t be difficult. A small campus equals small class sizes and that means I get the one on one attention from my professors that would help me succeed academically.

At Fontbonne, students aren’t just a number or a statistic. They are much more than that. Students are admired by their peers, mentored by their professors, and more than just a number.