Student Life is Hard — But It’s Worth It!

in Academics,College Life

Hello everyone,

This week our topic is sharing your tips about balancing school life and work. Before coming to St. Louis last summer, I had two part-time jobs while earning my undergrad degree. To be honest, I was extremely thankful that I could have a very nice part-time job working as a front desk clerk in a senior residence. During the work, I could still read my books and do homework. Having 25 hours a week of working while being a student is tough. Earning extra money is important, but you need to make sure your academics are doing alright and you can keep them up as well! Nothing is more important than your academics since your degree will help you achieve your dream career — not the part-time job (I always keep that in my mind!). So, it’s important to make sure your job or even other extra curriculars don’t ruin your academic grades.

For me to relieve my stress from my heavy workload, I choose to go to the gym and eat something that I like since exercise helps your body produce endorphins, keeping you relaxed and happy 🙂 I definitely encourage all of you try to explore exercise that you like and gather your friends to work out together!

Student life is hard, but it’s definitely worth it and will pay off in the future. Let’s work hard and play hard in this semester. We can get through it! 🙂

– Kathy