Personal Touches

Fontbonne University has been the place I’ve called home for nearly three and a half years. I came here as first year freshman, and occupied one of the 350 beds on campus. I’ve lived in St. Joesph Hall, more frequently and fondly called “The Joe”, and Medaille Hall, my current residence hall.

Most people whine and complain about the hum drum of dorm life, but it doesn’t bother me one bit. Sure, sometimes the culinary side of me misses having an actual kitchen, but I’ve made my space my own.

It’s not the biggest space, but it’s mine. That’s been my trick to making it through dorm life for almost an entire college career. I arrange my furniture to what fits best for my lifestyle, and I add more than what the university provides. I am a fashion merchandising major after all. I probably have too big of a wardrobe. Besides extra room for cardigans and shoes, a cheap blue chair from Target works wonders.

My favorite addition to my room in Medaille this year is what I’ve termed “Conner’s Coffee Corner”. My life revolves around my obsession with coffee and tea. Needing caffeine in the morning, afternoon, and every time in between, I wanted a way to organize my collection of coffee mugs, tea bags, and coffee canisters for my on-the-go lifestyle. With one cubicle organizer, bins, and a new electric kettle, I was set to go. I now had a space, in my own space, that helps me feel even more at home at Fontbonne.

My coffee corner is tucked away in the “relax” segment of my room, with a rug and blue cozy chair. This space is everything to me. It’s my Fontbonne home.