Leaving the Lions

in Academics,College Life,New & Future Students

Hey Fonties! Hope you had a fabulous week. I can’t believe I’m almost a college senior! Time really does fly when you’re having fun. It seems like just yesterday, I was being fitted for a cap and gown for high school graduation. When I think about my transition from high school to college, I remember crying a lot (a lot….). I was at my highest point of stress that year. Anyway, after 12 amazing years in the district of University City, it was time to go and start over. The transition to Fontbonne was a lot more stressful than graduating from high school. Why, you ask? Because it was a completely new experience for me. I knew nothing and no one. I didn’t think I was going make it to my junior year at Fontbonne, but I’m here…. To the incoming freshmen, I have one major piece of advice: cherish your time with your friends while you can, because eventually all of you will go your separate ways, and then you will just have the memories.  Anyone who knows me well on campus, knows I love my lions. The amazing experience I had at U. City made the transition to a brand new place that much easier.  I can’t thank my U. City family enough for giving me the best 12 years of my life; I will be forever grateful.  Now all my Fontbonne friends know why I wear black and gold with pride and dignity — it’s only right!

P.S.  What time is it?…. U Time!!! Just passing on a little U. City spirit 🙂

Black History Fact of the Week: Malcolm X remains one of the most influential and complex figures of the modern era. His lasting legacy as a symbol of Black pride, intellect and bravado has sustained over the decades since his death. This Saturday marks the 50th anniversary of the great leader’s assassination, which silenced a voice that could have continued to be part of powerful change.