The Key to a Successful Balance

by Fontbonne University on February 12, 2015

in Academics,College Life,Extracurricular

College can be crazy. It can be difficult at times to find the balance between academics, extracurricular activities, and your social life. Sometimes we tend to “over schedule” ourselves, which is never a good thing. Personally, I feel like there is one key tip that unlocks the perfect balance between all your commitments.

And what is it? Use a planner!

You’ve probably heard this multiple times, but I can’t stress the importance of using a planner enough! Mine is literally my life! I write everything down, from when my next test is to what I’m doing this weekend. I feel that I have to jot down all my responsibilities for the week, because there is no other way I’m going to remember any of them.

As far as what type of planner I like to use, I prefer a traditional planner that allows me to write all my notes down with pen, but you don’t have to use what I do! A lot of people will use the calendar on their email to keep straight what they have going on and on what days. Or you can use the calendar on your phone, which might be a more convenient option because we always have our phones on us!

Whatever type of planner you use, get into the habit of using it on a daily or hourly 🙂 basis. It will make your life so much simpler!