Patricia

getting involved

by Patricia on February 3, 2015

in Campus Community,Extracurricular

During my time at Fontbonne I have gotten involved in so many different extracurricular activities. As a commuter, it is important for me to join different organizations in order to stay in contact with friends. One organization I am most involved with is Fontbonne Activities Board. I really like getting to plan the exciting events that take place around the year. I help with movie nights, commuter breakfasts and lunch, the spring and winter celebrations and much more. I also enjoyed planning the inaugural ball this year. Attending this once-in-a-lifetime event was very exciting especially since I got to wear my prom dress, which I didn’t think I would get to wear again. I am really looking forward to the next event that we have planned, which is a movie night on February 13. The movie is called “The Proposal.” I have never seen this movie so it will be interesting.

Besides being on the Fontbonne Activities Board, I recently went on the pro-life trip last weekend. I’m glad I was able to march through Washington D.C and protest against abortion. On top of that, I got to explore the city. I went to museums and got to visit the national cemetery. Next year I plan to get tickets to go inside the White House!

I was also glad I went on this trip because I got to spend time with friends and even got to meet new people!

So the important message here is GET INVOLVED!!!!! you never know who you will meet or what experiences you will have