The Last Hoorah

Spring 2015. My last semester here at Fontbonne. It’s a strange feeling, and I knew this was coming all along, but somehow I can’t quite believe it. I don’t want to believe it.

I think I’ve taken this semester as an opportunity to pack in everything I think I need to accomplish before graduation. This has been easier said than done, especially with the tinge of senioritis that accompanies this time of year. With classes, work, athletics, and student organizations, this semester has definitely become a juggling act.

While trying to balance it all, I’ve found that it’s most important to take time, even just a little, for oneself every now and then. I took a little “me time” with a friend last week and took a couple hours of the afternoon to try a café and bakery I have been admiring since last spring. One cookie, coffee, and muffin later and I was feeling like I could potentially become an expert juggler. Colleen’s Cookies may now become my spot for weekly breathers and a caffeine dose. The great thing about my new favorite spot is that it’s just a short drive from Fontbonne.

Here’s to making this semester worth every sleepless night, and a lot more time spent at Colleen’s.

10958591_1546996012236959_258033483_n