Fuel Up for a Good Semester!

in Academics,College Life

I have to admit it’s been hard getting back into the swing of things this semester. Fortunately, after years of practice, (it is my senior year, after all..) I feel like I can roll with the punches and balance friends, school, and work better than ever.

One thing that helps me stay sane during times of little sleep, high stress, and increasing school demands is cooking for the week ahead. This guarantees I always have fuel to keep me going! I really do believe in using the foods you eat to fuel your body, brain, and even your creative side.  For example, my favorite thing to eat in the morning is oatmeal. To many, this might sound anything but exciting… but I assure you, you can do just about anything with this stuff!  ere’s my Peanut Butter and Banana- Pumpkin Oats Recipe (Yes, I haven’t quite let go of fall yet…)  Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup uncooked oats

1/4 cup canned pumpkin

1 banana

1 tablespoon hemp seeds (you can use flaxseed or chia as well!)

Cinnamon

Sweetener: I use stevia or 1 teaspoon maple syrup

Directions: Cook oats as directed on package, add pumpkin, banana, hemp/flax seeds, cinnamon, and sweetener.  Enjoy!

PB & B Pumpkin Oats PB & B Pumpkin Oats