“s/o all the country folk”

in Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

It’s almost time for warm weather! I’m thinking another month and half until the climate warms up and swimming pools get uncovered, making people break out their shorts and tank tops! We all like the warmer weather, especially after seeing the crazy winter we’ve had this year. In STL, there are no beaches or movie stars walking out of the ocean for the paparazzi. However, there are plenty of things to do and plenty of time to do them!

For me, going to the pool is an every day activity! In my hometown of Washington, Mo (s/o all you country folk) there is not much to do. I live in a subdivision with a neighborhood pool that is open to all who live there. I think I literally go there every day! Another one of my favorite things to do during the summer is run outside. Conveniently, the pool is about 1.5 miles from my house. Making a great destination, I usually run to the pool and kill two birds with one stone. The Katy trail, one of Missouri’s most famous bike trails, runs right on the riverfront in Washington. Occasionally, I will drive downtown with my bike to take a little stroll. I am more of a jogging type of guy but you know what they say, variety is the spice of life!

I find myself driving to the city (STL) all the time. At this age, I usually make the trip for a party or a visit to a bar, but throughout my college years, it has been a blast doing many other fun activities! The city offers things like the Zoo, St. Louis Cardinals baseball games, the St. Louis Arch monument, or the famous city museum. For all you lovers out there, all of which are great ideas for date, just to mix things up from the typical dinner and a movie! If you enjoy listening to music, the St. Louis Pageant and Verizon Wireless Amphitheater are great for local or big time bands/artists. Another attraction is Forest Park. Only a short walk from Fontbonne, this park holds activities like hot air balloon races, carnivals, charity runs, wine festivals, concerts, you name it and it has probably happened there at some point.

While you won’t see Zac Efron  in his bathing suit, or playmates taking a stroll down the beach, STL has a powerful atmosphere that will not disappoint you!

Ev