Patricia

Becoming a College Student

by Patricia on February 18, 2015

in Campus Community,College Life

When I was first looking at colleges senior year, I was a bit nervous. I heard all kinds of rumors such as the classes are the size of a theater, the teachers don’t care if you succeed etc…But once I came to Fontbonne, I found all of that to be untrue. Fontbonne has smaller classes, with no more than 25 people per class. Teachers really do want you to do well. In fact, during my first semester, there was one student who never came to class and the instructor was concerned for the person.

One struggle in the beginning was that my parents really wanted me to go to Benedictine college. I visited there to give it a chance but it really did not suit me. It was in a rural area, in the middle of no where, and the people there were very different. It was a culture shock. My parents liked it because of its Catholic identity. However, in the end, my parents agreed that Fontbonne was a more suitable place.

So my advice to all incoming freshman… invest time into finding a place that suits you the best. Its very rewarding to succeed in an environment that helps you reach your highest potential.