It’s college… Spread your wings!

in Athletics,Campus Community,College Life,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

(First time blogger — I’m not going to lie, i’m a little nervous!)

I don’t know if you’ve heard but the division 3 Fontbonne Men’s basketball team just defeated the SLIAC #1 ranked team in Spalding University for the first time in program history! Both teams fought hard the entire game but the Griffins came out with the WIN to continue their hunt for a spot in the SLIAC Conference Tournament. Go Griffins!

Here at Fontbonne there are 18 different sports teams. These teams occupy 8 different sports for men and women but also includes a men’s lacrosse team and women’s dance team; our very own “Golden Girls.”

As a transfer and a member of the men’s basketball team, I am able to see the athletics of Fontbonne with a different perspective than a student who has been here their whole college career. For those of you looking to play sports, I can honestly say one thing; this is NOT a Division 1 school. If you are looking for a Division 1 atmosphere with 12,000 fans at every game, do not come to Fontbonne. However, there is a certain beauty to the atmosphere here at Fontbonne. If you are looking for a group of coaches that cares about your performance in the classroom as well as on the field, to help you grow as a athlete but also as a young man or young lady, come to Fontbonne. If you are searching for a student body who knows you by name or a student body who is outgoing, brave, and proud enough to cheer for you at every single game, come to Fontbonne. If you just want to branch out or try something new by playing a sport, come to Fontbonne. Fontbonne has employed an outstanding group of coaches who will welcome you with open arms and open ears to make your choice worth while. I receive a large amount of support from the campus, family, friends, and through the FAB (Fontbonne Activities Board) with promotional games like “where’s waldo” or “coaches for cancer” which is something that will not only be absent in most Division 1 schools but most Division 3 schools as well.

For me, each and every day is a grind. I am not only grinding to better myself in basketball but I am literally grinding my body away in my 4th season of college athletics. How do I do it!? I am thankful to have an incredible training staff who is there to help me when I get bumps and bruises. Moreover, they are there to listen to me by apply critical thinking skills to help me not only aid my injuries but to make me better than I was before! With a hands-on staff, interns from St. Louis University school of medicine, and fellow supportive teammates, the trainers will be a mom away from home for any athletes who like to get down and dirty to represent Fontbonne University!

Ev

www.fontbonnegriffins.com/landing/index