From Fontbonne to London…

by Fontbonne University on January 20, 2015

Hi Fonty friends!

I hope your first week of classes has been lovely and you are excited to be back on campus or on campus for the first time, in which case, welcome! For those of you who don’t know me, I am Morgan Fisher and I am a Junior Psychology major at Fontbonne.  I am currently studying abroad in London, England, for the Spring semester at Regent’s University London.  This has been a dream of mine since I found out that studying abroad was a possibility 10 years ago, and I cannot believe I am finally here!  I flew in on Wednesday and immediately began orientation with my 200 fellow international students from across the globe.  The past three days have been a whirlwind of lectures, meetings, teas, sightseeing treasure (or as we like to call them, scavenger) hunts, and pub quizzes (or bar trivia)!  Here are a couple photos I managed to snap on our treasure hunt around Trafalgar Square, Westminster, and Southbank…

View from Trafalgar Square

Unfortunately, my team didn’t end up winning the hunt, but it aided me in my journey to slowly become more and more acquainted with my temporary home!

We begin our courses on Monday, which I am incredibly excited for!  The majority of the courses offered here at Regent’s provide students with opportunities to learn through exploration of the city we are living in. My courses include seeing 8 plays, backstage tours of historic theaters, museum visits, and visits to other historic landmarks around London.

I promise I will stop my jet lag induced rambling soon and put you out of your boredom!  So to conclude, if you would like, I would love to take you along on this European adventure with me this semester as I explore the beautiful city of London, among many others across the EU!

Cheers!

Morgan Fisher

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Hannah January 30, 2015 at 10:31 pm

Hey Morgan!

That is amazing that you are studying aboard in London! I am super jealous! 🙂 And the fact that you get to see 8 plays in London is beyond incredible! It sounds like you are going to have an awesome time! I can’t wait to read your future posts from London and I am super excited for your experience abroad!

PS: You’re pictures look beautiful 🙂
-Hannah