Home for the Holidays

by Fontbonne University on December 2, 2014

in College Life,In Saint Louis

Hello friends!

As the semester slowly comes to an end, that means the holidays are approaching! Since I live far away from Fontbonne, I have to plan my trips to go home way in advance. I recently flew home to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. In this post, I want to give you all some tips and tricks on traveling to and from school.

-Look at the Academic Calendar (found on Fontbonne’s website) as soon as possible to see what days you don’t have school.

-Figure out which days/times you are able to leave school and book your flights; be sure to check multiple airlines and other traveling resources such as Travelocity and Orbitz to find the best deals!

-Pack lightly: you may come back with more than you brought in the first place, so plan accordingly.

-If you are taking public transportation such as the MetroLink or city bus, check their schedules and pricing.

-For those of you who may travel via an airplane, review the TSA safety guidlines for what you can/cannot bring with you on the airplane and the specific carry-on luggage sizes.

-Have tons of fun! Traveling allows you to see so many new places and faces, and sometimes the best part is meeting new people and hearing their stories.