Registering for Classes! Ahhhhh!

by Fontbonne University on November 6, 2014

It’s almost time to register for classes for the spring 2015 semester. Can you believe it?! I feel like I just started my sophomore year of college and am now almost half way through it. Picking out what classes you want/need to take can be fun, yet challenging at the same time. I’ve come up with two tips to help you in making your class schedule for next semester a little easier.

1. Get the general education courses out of the way!

Since Fontbonne is a liberal arts school, that means we focus on getting a well-rounded education in all subject matters like math, science, English and so on. That means students are required to take courses in those fields. I suggest getting them out of the way early so you can focus on courses within your major later in your college career, making the information you learn more relevant since you will be entering the job force soon.

2. Be realistic!

Can you really take those 21 credit hours you begged your advisor to sign you up for? It might sound like a great idea at first, but when you’re stressing out during the middle of the semester, just know I warned you! Yeah if you took 21 credit hours next semester, you could graduate a semester early, but why stress yourself out and have a lower GPA because you can’t handle the course load. I think anywhere between 12 hours and 18 hours is a good amount for students to take a semester.

Hopefully these tips were of some help!