Preferred Parking Comedy Tour

in Campus Community,College Life,Organizations, Activities & Events

It seems as if a week never goes by without an exciting campus event taking place. Recently, the Fontbonne Activties Board (FAB) hosted a comedy night, and it was co-sponsored by the National Student Speech Language and Hearing Association (NSSLHA). Because I am in charge of all live performance events, this was one that I was lucky enough to chair.

Back in February, I attended a conference in Boston, with the intention to watch and book numerous performers that travel to college campuses. One group that I saw and met was Preferred Parking, which is comedy tour. The comedians’ names are Drew Lynch and Sam Comroe. They were extremely nice when I first met them, and continued to be a joy to work with as I planned for them to star in the comedy night at Fontbonne. Not only were they great behind the scenes, but also a joy to watch on stage, which is the perspective that the rest of the students got. Drew and Sam made everyone in the audience laugh throughout their entire performance, while still being respectful. Usually this is a very hard skill to pull off, especially for comedians. It was very rewarding to see this event turn out successfully. It was a general consensus that Fontbonne students had a good time and would like to see Preferred Parking come back to campus again in the future.

Although Preferred Parking are comedians that tell jokes, they also share a very inspirational story. Drew Lynch has a stutter, and Sam Comroe has tourette syndrome. Typically in the entertainment industry, people with disorders like this are told that they are not going to succeed as a live performer. Drew and Sam heard this message but continued to fight it. Their hard work paid off, because now they are traveling the country doing what they love to do.

PP brooke and carly Drew Lynch, my BFF Brooke, myself, and Sam