Great Volunteer Experience at Fontbonne University

in Academics,Career Paths

Hi everyone,

I’d like to share with you all my great volunteer experience for my Dietetics Internship Program. In the early part of this semester, I was charged with a catering project for the graduate students admission ceremony on November 6. I and my other three classmates were required to come up with food for the events. As we are all majoring in Dietetics, definitely we would come up with some healthier as well as delicious food options for the event. I enjoyed this catering event a lot because the catering staff was giving us a lot of freedom to choose what foods we could make for the event. And we had the chance to prepare all the foods and cook and display them nicely. Although honestly it took us a lot of time for planning, and estimating how many servings we would serve in the event, it was just a fabulous experience that allowed us to do this catering event for real and serve for one of the professional academic events for school.

I wanted to share this volunteering experience with you all because I want to say school is definitely a good place to learn. As I haven’t had catering experience before, but I am glad and honored to participate in this event since I could learn. When you did something wrong, no one would criticize you as they all knew you were learning from it. So, I definitely encourage you all, especially the undergraduate students, to be active and take initiative to participating the school activities.  Don’t be afraid to explore! 🙂