Freshman Year vs. Sophomore Year

by Fontbonne University on November 10, 2014

in Academics,College Life

If I had to look back at freshman year and compare it to this year as a sophomore, for starters I would say that I am a heck of a lot busier this year.  As a freshman I was mainly confused as to what was going on since it was my first time in college just like everyone else around me.  I had to learn the ropes and the flow to the campus like how the semester was and such.  Sure I made mistakes and learned from those mistakes especially in terms of planning my time.  Now that I know the mistakes I have taken what I know and thought of plans to avoid them again.  I plan my time out as best as I can and make sure to seek help when things seem to become too overwhelming before it is too late.

My homework load as a freshman was not that bad I would say, since I was making sure to take enough credit hours that I could handle primarily.  So homework was never too much but also not too little.  Usually I always had something to do each night unless I was free and worked ahead on some courses.  This year I can say that I have a lot more homework since I am also balancing a practicum for the first time.  So far I know that I am doing well because my grades are still high, but once I finish an assignment, I always have another one just waiting for me to complete before the dead line.  Now I can say that I have not been waiting till the last minute to begin an assignment, though sometimes I have my little moments.  I mean we all do.

Last year I was not a part of any clubs or groups as much as I am now.  Just the other day I had a few classmates say “Sarah you are really involved and on campus practically all the time.”  Well I guess I can take that as a compliment because I like to know that people may think I am involved or see me a lot.  I know I see a list of friends at least once every day and if not then definitely the next day.  I am not saying that I don’t like being involved, but when a person is involved I believe that they really become a part of the campus.  That very person is actively giving a part of his or her time and talent into the university, whether it be by giving tours as an ambassador or being an officer in a club.  It doesn’t matter what exactly the person is doing on campus but just that they are giving of their time.