Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone IS a Good Thing!

in Academics,Athletics,College Life,Extracurricular,In Saint Louis,Organizations, Activities & Events

One of my latest experiences at Fontbonne was teaching a Sports Nutrition lesson to the Lacrosse players at Fontbonne University.  Initially, I though this was way out of my comfort zone.  After the experience, I found out that it was completely painless!  Although public speaking has never been my strong suit, I loved the confidence I gained from jumping past this hurdle.  I truly appreciate that the classes I take at Fontbonne give me a positive push in the right direction, even if it feels scary at first.

Next fall, I am collaborating with another dietetics student at Fontbonne to create a grant proposal for a nutrition education program for athletes on the Fontbonne campus.  Fingers crossed!  Here’s a little Pinterest inspiration for anyone who’s pushed past their comfort zone these past few weeks, and anyone that needs a little encouragement this week.  Also, if you’d like to check out my website with my lesson plans on Sports Nutrition, it will be up and finished by this weekend!  Click here!

comfortzone

It has been a long semester, but we all survived, didn’t we?

Best of luck in the Spring!  Happy Holidays!

-Katie