STLFW: Saint Louis Fashion Week!

in Extracurricular,In Saint Louis,Organizations, Activities & Events

Fontbonne University offers an amazing Fashion Merchandising major, and last semester I was able to take two classes from this program: Fashion Merchandising 101 and The Fashion Industry. I really enjoyed both courses, as they were an introduction to the fashion world’s ins and outs.

As a business major I am not only interested in finance, which is my concentration, but I also like to immerse myself in the world of fashion and look for opportunities to learn. This is the reason I volunteered for Saint Louis Fashion Week last Thursday!

At 4pm when I arrived the atmosphere at Union Station was relaxed; models were hanging out and getting their makeup done, volunteers were learning their tasks for the day and the DJ was testing the equipment. At 6pm people started arriving and that is when it turned really hectic!

The atmosphere was amazing, people were dressed to impress and they were talking and enjoying the lounge that was set up to receive all the guests. At 7:50pm we started ushering people to their seats, at 8:05pm sharp the show started.

There were three fashion designers showing that night: Yigal Azrouël, Tess Giberson and Timo Weiland. Their collections showed a wide range of pieces, from classic sweaters to edgy lace blouses, crop tops, pants, jumpsuits, etc. I was fortunate to meet Stan Herman and Fern Mallis, very influential people in the fashion world.

I really liked the experience and I learned a lot, I am looking forward to volunteering again next spring!

CAM02831 CAM02832 CAM02833