May the Runway Remain

in Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

Last week, I blogged about Fall 2014 St. Louis Fashion Week coming to a close. Even though that has ended, there have still been plenty of fashion news and events to focus on.

The only TV show that I watch is “Project Runway.” No matter how busy I become, I always take that one hour a week to catch up on my fashion reality TV. Because I am involved in the fashion industry, and because I have seen every episode, I feel like I have an ode to “Project Runway.” The finale of season 13 just aired, which I something that every fan looks forward to. I was extremely excited to find out that Sean Kelly was the winner. He has been my favorite all along. So I was a bit emotional when he was crowned his much-deserved title. I have quite an attachment to the contestants and will continue to follow their careers, especially Sean’s.

Speaking of fashion reality TV, there is also a show called “Under the Gunn.” Shan Keith, a fashion designer from St. Louis, was a contestant on there. He recently hosted a show at Plush, which is a  neat entertainment venue in downtown St. Louis. All of the models in his show are from Centro, which is the agency that I intern at. Staff at Centro received complimentary tickets. It was a different perspective being able to see the show from the front, since I am typically working backstage. I was very impressed with his collection. Also, it was a great bonding experience with the my internship company.

They say “as one door closes, another one opens.” That is the case with St. Louis Fashion Week. I am excited to say that I have been asked to work for Spring 2015 St. Louis Fashion Week. I will be working with a lot of the same team members from the fall productions. They were a great group to work with, and I am looking forward to being with them again. Meetings already begin for that this week!

I’ll be sure to keep you all updated as my fashion world continues.

Sean Kelly and one of winning looks Sean Kelly and one of his winning looks Myself with Sarah, the director of Centro Models Myself with Sarah, the director of Centro Models