Down the Road

by Fontbonne University on October 14, 2014

in Academics,After College

Fontbonne Alumni Reunion Weekend is this weekend, which is the inspiration for this post. Where do I see myself in 10 years?

10 years from now I will be thirty-years-old! Wow!

By that age I hope to have graduated, have a career that I love, and be settled into a family. I am pursuing a degree in elementary education here at Fontbonne University where they have an outstanding education program. In an ideal world, I will graduate with my class in 2017 and become certified to teach elementary education! Hopefully I will secure a job at an elementary school somewhere around Clayton, Mo., or back home near the Twin Cities in Minnesota. I want to inspire kids each day to follow their dreams and I want to be there for them every step of the way. Also, by age thirty, it would be nice if could be financially stable and have paid off my student loans by then. 🙂

With a degree from Fontbonne University I will be able to take the world head-on. By obtaining a liberal education, I will have knowledge and be skilled in many different dimensions such as writing, math, biology, physics, religion, and philosophy. I can take what I have learned here and apply it to the “real-world” where I will be on my own. I both excited and scared for what the future holds, but I cannot wait to see what’s in store for me. Hopefully I will be coming back to Fontbonne many, many years from now for an Alumni Reunion Weekend and will have many fantastic stories to tell you all!