How I Became A Part Of the Fontbonne Family

in Academics,Campus Community,College Life

I can’t believe I’m vastly approaching my senior year at Fontbonne! It feels as though I was opening my acceptance letter yesterday. Before I graduated from high school in 2012, (By the way, I am a proud alumni of University City High School… class of 2012… woot! woot!) I had several offers from schools in the area. I went to go visit every school that I was accepted into and I enjoyed every school that I visited, but Fontbonne had something about it that I needed to be a part of. Fontbonne was the only school that met every single requirement that I had on my checklist. Here’s what that list looked like:

*Had my major

*Close to home

*Small class size

*I could live on campus

*Faith based

*Offered me a GREAT financial aid package

*Wheelchair accessible

Now don’t get me wrong, the other schools I visited were awesome institutions; they had a lot of things to offer me as a perspective student but it was important to me that I was more than just a student who got a degree, I wanted to go to a school where I would do more than just graduate, I wanted to be somewhere that I enjoyed myself outside of the classroom and a place where enjoyed learning and growing as a person. As a student at Fontbonne, I feel like being a part of the university was part of my God given purpose and I’m blessed to have been placed in such a fabulous place.