Living Large in a Small Space

by Fontbonne University on October 6, 2014

Decorating my dorm room was one of my favorite parts of moving in! It can be difficult squeezing all of your belongings into such a small area, but it is possible! This is my second year living in the dorms and I have found what works best for me in the small space. I think it is important to make your room as comfortable as possible, as you will be living there for about nine months. I would suggest bringing plenty of pictures, a cozy blanket, your favorite quotes/ images/ posters, and maybe a rug if your room isn’t carpeted. I have found those large plastic three-drawer organizers very useful because they can hold a lot of things and are easily able to be tucked away. I even put some colored paper in front of the clear part of the drawers to give it some personalization!

Here is a list of things that I think are important for anyone living in small space:

-Command Hooks: actual hooks and the velcro ones!

-Push pins (for a bulletin board if your room has one)

-String lights

-A three-drawer organizer

-An ottoman (the hollow ones can hold so many things and they make for a great foot rest!)

-Plenty of picture frames with pictures of friends and family

-Pillows, pillows, pillows!

-Bins (bins and containers of all shapes, sizes and colors are wonderful for holding things such as: lotions, paper/ notebooks, snacks, stationery, etc!)

Below are a few pictures of my drawer organizer, bins, and entire room!

IMG_6497 IMG_6502 IMG_6509