My Future Self

in After College,Career Paths,College Life,Uncategorized

Hey Fontys! I’m back! I know when you’re at a family function or talking to a staff member on campus, you probably have been asked, “What are you going to do after college?” And if you’re like me, you’ve had your life planned out since you were five. If not (and you’re lucky that you’re not), you probably don’t even know what you’re going to wear to class tomorrow. This post is about showcasing our future plans after Fontbonne. So, here are mine… After I get my degree in Communication Studies with a minor in Sociology, I plan on apply to University of Missouri-St. Louis in Criminology to begin my career as a crime reporter for the city of St. Louis. After I’m settled in my career as a reporter, I plan to start an organization for homeless citizens where they will be able to move into an apartment below the org office and get help with things they struggle with, such as addiction, completing their education, budgeting, and housing placement after they complete the program. I also plan to write a novel series for teenagers. In between that, (I know… there’s more… ), I wanna get married, have kids, and build my own home. My degree from Fontbonne will not only give me great academic tools to start my career, but I can also use Fontbonne’s rich history of service to inspire me to continuously give back.