Fun With Mini Me

by Fontbonne University on October 23, 2014

in College Life,Organizations, Activities & Events

This past Friday through Sunday was Siblings Weekend here at Fontbonne. It was an opportunity for my little sister, Kaitlyn, to visit me on campus for the first time since last year. A lot has changed since last year for both of us. She got older and more mature, and our attitude towards each other has turned into a more positive one because she is older and we can talk about real life things.

The weekend started out great with pizza and bingo in the DSAC. Last year at Sibs Weekend we didn’t win at Bingo, so we were determined to win this year. We each had two boards and unfortunately they were not the “hot” boards for the night. We lost but had fun because we were in each other’s company. My friend, Danny, actually won and let Kaitlyn get a prize. We both received kites to fly when we would be together again. It was really nice of Danny to let us have his prizes. Then after Bingo, the Lego movie started, and it was hilarious. Because I was so tired, I fell asleep towards the end. Kaitlyn really enjoyed it too, and actually finished it all. Then later that night there was a build-your-own ice cream bar. We enjoyed the company of my other friends, and then went up to the Griffin’s Nest. We did what we call “Family Game Night,” which is playing cards for hours on end. We played until 2:30 AM, and then finally called it quits.

Unfortunately, Sunday came along. We had a quick breakfast, and she took off for home. It was sad to see her leave after we just had a great weekend together, but we both had to get back to reality — school. On the plus side though, today is Kaitlyn’s birthday, the 23rd of October. As a surprise, I am going home this weekend. It will be the first time I will have gone home since moving in August 9th. I can’t wait to have another fun weekend with my family!