My Fall: Running and Coffee Shops

by Fontbonne University on October 23, 2014

My fall memories are full of men and woman lacing up their shoes and heading to starting line. The brisk air hitting you as you walk around to see t-shirts being sold, runners stretching, and food being talked about. This is the sport of Cross Country and it has been a part of my fall since I could remember. Whether I was a tyke at my sister’s races or a bundle of nerves for my own, I think of fall as a time of running. The races have a community atmosphere and this helps the tension before the race. Team activities are the best to do, especially when they involve food. The team becomes a family and it’s amazing. Running in general takes up my fall, but it isn’t fall until I watch a race with a blanket wrapped around me and I’m cheering on my teammates.

My fall is also consumed by coffee shops because I’m addicted (I’m not bothered by this at all). I always want to try the new drinks and choices given during the fall. Starbucks is usually my go to, but recently I’ve discovered more and more coffee places. It has been amazing and fun to go to a new coffee place. I have always loved trying new things and I also love coffee, so this is the best season for that. Fall is filled with running and coffee, I can’t complain.