Fall Favorites!

I have a confession.  Fall is by far my favorite time of year!

Who could blame me?  The trees are every shade of red, orange, and yellow imaginable, you can stock up on pumpkin-flavored-everything, and can enjoy my all-time favorite fall activity… apple picking.  There are plenty of creative ways to enjoy fall, these are just a few.  Another thing I really enjoy about fall is the wide variety of fall produce!  Pumpkin, Spaghetti Squash (makes a great pasta substitute!), Acorn Squash, Butternut Squash… They’re all great and there’s tons of Pinterest boards dedicated to recipes using fall squash. For those doubters of pumpkin-obsessers like myself, here’s a recipe you and pumpkin-fanatics, alike, will love.  This recipe from blogger Kristi of the blog “I Should be Mopping the Floor” won me over as my top pumpkin recipe this week (click her delicious photo for a link to the recipe).

Photo credit: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/

So while we’re on the subject of pumpkin… what’s your favorite pumpkin flavored product or recipe?

Right now, mine is pumpkin peanut butter.  They sell a version of this at the grocery store (JIF), but you can easily make your own at home with no added preservatives or unwanted ingredients.

Simply add 1 Tbsp of canned pumpkin, 1 Tbsp of Peanut butter, a dash of cinnamon, and stevia or a drop of honey/other sweetener.  Combine all ingredients and make a pb and pumpkin sandwich (add sliced bananas and more cinnamon if you wish!) or use as a fruit dip for apples and pears.

Hope you feel inspired to try some of your own pumpkin dishes this fall!  Be sure to share them with me in the comments.

Happy Fall!