Being Crafty on a Budget!

I am very crafty and creative; I enjoy DIY projects and trying new things regularly. The most recent project I did was a mosaic on my room! Since I live in Cotta Hall, I am not allowed to paint or permanently change the aspect of my room, therefore I had to be really creative when I realized I wanted to do a mosaic.

The first thing you have to sort out is materials; mosaic tiles require a lot of work, they are pricey and more importantly they are permanent. The substitute I came up with is cardstock and paper, which is easy to work with and you can stick it to the wall with masking tape. Easy to apply and easy to remove!

The next step was choosing a design; some people require a plan before attempting this but I like to go with the flow! Thus I just gathered my materials and started with a single dot on the center of my wall and then added the next dots around it, and so on.

My biggest advice when doing DIY’s is to have an open mind! You never actually know how something is going to turn out if you have never tried it before, and DIY is about enjoying the experience and having fun!

I have attached a picture of the mosaic so you can see how it looks, it is about 40×40 inches. I spent about $15 in paper, masking tape and a hole punch!

Happy DIYing!

CAM02764