New city, new people, new environment

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing good! I have been living in St. Louis since this June. I am originally from Hong Kong and came to the United States for studying. Everything seems new to me once I move and live in here. Before coming to St. Louis, I was little bit nervous because I have no close friends and familiar faces around and I started to live alone. However, within these 4 to 5 months, I began to love this city and love my school Fontbonne University. I have met many awesome classmates and we hang out a lot for relaxation. Also, professors at my department, “Family and Consumer Science,” are very friendly and nice. Not only were they very willing to help students, but they were also very sweet. One of my professor brought me some delicious cupcakes and a kitchen utensil for my citizenship celebration. We all shared the cupcakes in class and got lots of best wishes from my classmates and teachers.

Although living in a new place at the beginning was a little bit scary, I am thankful that God always gives me a lot of friendly people and angels around me so that I won’t feel alone and have courage to encounter my heavy schoolwork and work. My career goal is to become a registered dietitian. Thank you so much Fontbonne University for offering me a great opportunity to accomplish my goal to become a dietitian and giving me an opportunity to explore another city and new people. I can’t wait for my internship coming up in next year and start really doing my internship!

Wish everyone all the best and fight for our future!

Best Wishes,

Kathy