Choosing Fontbonne

in Academics,After College,Campus Community,College Life

Choosing colleges is one of the huge life events that happens after high school.

Fontbonne wasn’t a hard pick for me once I knew what was out there.  When searching for colleges, I looked in the Illinois and the Saint Louis area for colleges that offered dietetics programs.  It was Fontbonne vs. a handful of other colleges, but after visiting the campus and going to an Open House geared for dietetics majors, I knew Fontbonne was the right choice for me.

It was something about the individualized attention that the staff gave to prospective students. The impression that I received from the beginning has continued semester after semester. Big universities were never my thing. In fact, when I was younger, I thought that college wouldn’t be “my thing,” because I pictured giant lecture halls and dorms the size of a small bathroom. I thought this was my only option, but that’s absolutely not true! The good thing is that at Fontbonne, you have a wide range of paths that you can take to reach your goals.

I am a transfer student from Illinois who commutes to campus. In the beginning, I thought this might make me different from everyone, but it certainly wasn’t the case. Many of my classmates are commuters, and many are far from “traditional” students. This is one of the things that makes Fontbonne so great!

Another thing that really drew me to Fontbonne was the small but beautiful campus! It’s hard not to love only having to walk a short distance from your car to your class, or to the library. I have many friends from other universities that drive from class to class! So to me, this is another bonus of Fontbonne. Along with its small size, Fontbonne is a small and connected community. In other words, you really get to know people and the campus, and that is what I ultimately love about Fontbonne.