Autumn has Arrived

by Fontbonne University on October 27, 2014

Autumn in St. Louis has treated me well so far. The trees are beautiful shades of yellow, orange, red and green and the weather has been around the upper sixties and seventies, amazing! There are many fabulous things I love to do during the fall season and I am excited to share some of those with you!

1) Eckert’s Country Store & Farms: This is a large place located in Belleville, IL, only about 40 minutes away from Fontbonne. They have a variety of things to do such as apple picking, pumpkin patches, a restaurant to go to, hay rides, concerts, and a wonderful shop with great produce, desserts and gifts!

2) Haunted Houses: St. Louis has many spooky places to go during the fall! Three major haunted houses in the St. Louis are “The Darkness,” “Creepyworld,” and “The Abyss.” I went to “The Darkness” the other night and it sure was scary! It is a little pricey ($25-$35), but the haunted house was very long and worth the price.

3) Trader Joe’s: I went to the store Trader Joe’s a few weeks again with a friend and picked up a few fall favorites! I bought some of their famous spiced apple cider as well as mini pumpkins to decorate my windowsill with. Trader Joe’s always has stations to sample different types of food and drinks and they never disappoint!

4) Football Games: What better way to enjoy fall than to sit in the stands at a football game and sip hot coco! I have gone to a few football games at Washington University in St. Louis (right across the street from Fontbonne!) and watched their games. It is always  fun to go with a few friends and get bundled up to watch a great game unfold while enjoying the crisp autumn air. It is a great activity for a Saturday afternoon.