Taylor

The Right University for Me

by Taylor on September 9, 2014

in Campus Community,New & Future Students

“I bet this place is haunted,” My little brother whined as we waited in the hall outside the admission’s office to talk to my admission counselor. He wasn’t a fan of the arched doorways, marble accents and stained glass windows, but I sure was. The architecture was just one of the first things I noticed when I stepped on Fontbonne’s campus for the first time.

I first visited the summer before my senior year in high school to get a tour of campus and meet with an admission counselor. Like I was saying earlier, I noticed all of the beautiful architectural features that are unique to Fontbonne’s campus. I observed everything from the grand stone steps leading up to the entrance of Ryan Hall to the perfectly manicured lawns sprawling all across campus. The glamorous architecture wasn’t the only thing that I remember about my first visit to Fontbonne.

I also remember all of the friendly faces I encountered while being given a campus tour. My tour was being led by a current student who kept a smile on her face the entire time, even though it was scorching hot outside. As she took me around campus, I kept noticing how every person we passed would say “Hello” to us or smile in our direction. That made me feel like I was already a part of the Fontbonne community.

My visit to campus really sealed the deal for me to come to Fontbonne for my undergraduate studies. I fell in love with the gorgeous architecture and the friendly faces of the Fontbonne community which let me know I was at the right university for me. A little over two years after my first campus visit, I still agree that this is the right university for me.