Twinkle twinkle, big balloons!

by Alumni Posts on September 23, 2014

in In Saint Louis,Organizations, Activities & Events

When I heard about the Great Forest Park Balloon Glow, I was really excited: I have always wanted to see the big balloons! This Fall Spirit Week was full of fun events and I was lucky to be able to go to the Cardinal’s game on Tuesday and the Balloon Glow festival on Friday.

A group of friends and I walked together to Forest Park; it was a long walk, but the park is really beautiful, and it gave me the opportunity to see the Boathouse, the Art Museum and the fountain. We even saw a bride and groom taking pictures!

After some hours of waiting, all the balloons where finally there; we even had our own Fontbonne balloon with a picture of Gunner. However, the best part was nightfall, when all the balloons gleam at the same time! Walking between the balloons was breathtaking, and trying to capture the moment with a camera was quite challenging! It was one of those moments you have to record in your memory.

I am really happy to have had this experience and I look forward to discovering other fun festivities around St. Louis!

Fontbonne Balloon Fontbonne Balloon Balloons Balloons and Fontbonne tent