Tour of St. Louis

by Alumni Posts on September 29, 2014

The office of international admissions organizes a tour for all Fontbonne students. Since I came in spring, this was the first time I had the opportunity to join the adventure.

The tour was on Saturday 13th and we started at 9:30 am, too early for a Saturday! But it was a nice day outside and we really took advantage of the time we had available.

The first stop was Forest Park; we rode in the bus through the streets and got to see the Art Museum, the History Museum, the Boathouse, and many of the green spaces. Unfortunately there were many people in the park that day for a cross-country high school event, the traffic was very heavy and thus, we had to leave the early.

The part of the tour I liked the most was the visit to the Arch. The journey to the top of the arch is an interesting futuristic-like experience. In order to reach the top you have to get inside a very small capsule-like elevator with five seats that is completely sealed once you start ascending. The experience made me nervous but once you reach the top, it is all worth it. St. Louis looks beautiful from above!

I still have many places to visit and I am looking forward to getting to know the city!

View from the top of the arch. View from the top of the arch. Inside the top of the arch. Inside the top of the arch. Path to the arch Path to the arch