Study Hard and Keep Your Cool!

by Alumni Posts on September 9, 2014

Oats don't have to be boring!  Here's a picture of my morning oatmeal :) Oats don’t have to be boring! Here’s a snap of how I fuel my morning 🙂

This will be my third semester here at Fontbonne, but it seems like it was just yesterday I was brand new.

My first impression of Fontbonne was how easy the transfer process was.  I continue to love the small, accessible size of the campus, and the staff and advisers that are always extremely helpful and dedicated to what they do.  In my search for a great Dietetics program, I instantly connected with the Fontbonne campus after my first visit (The ridiculously cool food lab was a plus too!)

Fast forward to the present and Fontbonne students are already several weeks into the semester where the inevitable tests, projects, and homework are coming full-force.  Stop.  Take a deep breath.  Here’s three ways to get your study on and still keep your cool:

1) Use Study Blue as a free tool to make flashcards, quizzes, and notes for your classes.  Set up and account and create your cards online, then once you’ve made your flashcards, quiz yourself online OR download the Study Blue app on your phone and study your flashcards anywhere!  I flip through my note cards in whatever spare time I have, even if it’s just for five minutes.  A little bit goes a long way!

2) Been known for procrastinating?  Feel like you’ve studied for hours without accomplishing anything? Read this article from The Greatist for 22 Science-backed Study Tips to Ace the Test:

3) Eat Breakfast!  You’ll have a brain-boost for those morning classes and you won’t be starving by the time lunch rolls around.  My latest breakfast obsession is oatmeal, (see my picture above!)  I like to test out new, fun recipes like these:

Overnight Oatmeal Recipes

If you try these three tips you’ll be well on your way to a good semester!