Stuck in Summer

by Alumni Posts on September 15, 2014

I know that the academic year has begun, but I can’t help thinking about the summer I just had each day. After class, after this meeting, that practice, that job, all I can seem to do is remember and relive through memories of where I was this summer, thanks to Fontbonne.

Fontbonne offers many study abroad programs for a variety of times, majors, and countries. I decided about ten months ago that I was going to do it. Finally study abroad.

Fully committed, everything somehow came together, and I spent five weeks in London, one in Paris, and then one week on holiday in Prague and Barcelona this summer. I studied at Regent’s University: London, and took two classes related to my major, Fashion Merchandising.

Yeah, I missed out on that wonderful St. Louis summer, and came back so dreadfully tired, but none of that matters. The experiences I had, both in and out of the classroom, don’t compare to any others in my lifetime. I would go back and do it all over again, given the chance. Studying abroad definitely helped me see the world in a new way, and how I fit in it. Before, I used to think St. Louis was enough for me. Now, I don’t know. Maybe Fontbonne is the stepping stone, the mother university to prepare me for what I’m really meant to do in life — that being anything I wish.