New Places, New Faces

by Fontbonne University on September 12, 2014

in Campus Community,New & Future Students,Uncategorized

My first few weeks at Fontbonne have been AMAZING! I am from St. Paul, Minnesota and transferred to Fontbonne this semester from the University of Minnesota, so I am a long way from home! I got accepted to Fontbonne last spring, was granted a generous scholarship, and then everything just fell into place! I couldn’t have chosen a better place to come!

The people here (staff, faculty, and students) are all so welcoming and approachable; if I have a question about where to go or how to use my meal plan, or what clubs to join, someone is always right there willing to help! The Resident Assistant (RA) on my floor has given me great advice, helped me with things around my room, and even convinced me to join the tennis team here at Fontbonne! If you have a question and someone can’t answer it right away for you, they will send you in the right direction to someone who can and that is just one of the many things I love about Fontbonne.

Another subject I want to touch on is orientation. During the first couple days here before classes started, freshmen and new students participant in orientation events such as small group meetings, trivia night, and plenty of ice-breaker games. One orientation event was the “Catch the Fire” Ceremony. I won’t go into too much detail about it and spoil it for perspective students, but it was such an amazing event that united the entire new student body at Fontbonne and allowed us to learn about the rich history of Fontbonne, listen to great speakers, and, well, catch the fire!

I am so excited to begin my journey here (and to be here during the winters rather than up north in Minnesota)! Although I have only been here for a few weeks, I can already tell that Fontbonne will become my new home away from home.

I took this photo on the day I moved into my dorm at Fontbonne.