Meeting Dr. Pressimone

by Alumni Posts on September 11, 2014

in College Life,New & Future Students,Uncategorized

I was lucky to meet Dr. Pressimone at the international students dinner on September 4th. As I came near the Wydown House, I noticed how everything was set up to make this dinner a welcoming experience. The flags in the entryway representing the countries, the tables in the front porch and the decorations inside the house created an inviting atmosphere.

I was one of the first students to arrive there, which was intimidating at first. Then I met one of Dr. Pressimone’s daughters, Maddie. She was in the living room of the house playing, when she saw me she came to me and gave me an Easter egg sticker. Although a small gesture, the manner in which she did it made me feel more at home.

Then I met Dr. Pressimone. He approached me with a smile on his face and extended his hand to great me. When we started talking he asked about me: how I was, where I was from, and he made sure we established a connection. Dr. Pressimone and I are relatively new at Fontbonne, I have been here since January and he has been here since July. But the most interesting fact is that one of his daughters is from Guayaquil-Ecuador, which is exactly where I come from. Realizing what we have in common made meeting Dr. Pressimone an engaging experience, which is why I would like to encourage Fontbonne students to meet him.