Lucy… I’m Home!

by Fontbonne University on September 15, 2014

in Campus Community

Here I am, exiting off highway 40, listening to Latch by Sam Smith. It wasn’t until I passed the legendary corner Walgreens that it hit me that I was headed to Fontbonne University. How did this summer baby (who loves school but also appreciates the ever-so-glorious three-month break) find her way back onto a college campus? Granted it was for a quick stop at one of my favorite libraries, but still I wondered ‘Wow, I have somehow managed to end up back here!’ I chuckled at what I though was just a passing thought.

As soon as I stepped out of my car, I realized I was wrong. I happily began to take in the calming scene of my campus. I felt my heart warm as I began to smile. I believe that is the true feeling of joy, when you can smile at nothing in paticular. It was a mix of both excitement and comfort, as if I had just stepped into my home after a long trip. It was then that I realized how much I truly love Fontbonne University.

Whenever I amĀ here I know I am surrounded by genuine people who truly value education. They not only embrace every student, but they also act as living examples of how hard work leads to success. Popular writer Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr said “Where we love is home- home that our feet may leave but not our hearts.” I left Fontbonne that day not only thankful for another two weeks of summer vacation (Fun and Rest — Yayy!), but also eager. I was eager to returnĀ back to Fontbonne, a place where my heart feels at home!