Home Sweet Home

by Alumni Posts on September 15, 2014

in Academics,Campus Community

Well folks, I’ve survived my first month of junior year! (pats for Raven!) and I am so happy to be back! After a long and exhausting summer, I can honestly say that I was becoming really bored. So you can imagine my excitement when the first day of classes finally came. I was pumped! I had missed Fontbonne over the summer, so I was ready for some new challenges! I have some classes that I am really excited about. One class I’m really looking forward to is my civil rights film course. When I enrolled in this class last spring, I was extremely interested in the premise of the course.  I consider myself a self-declared nerd, so if I can learn more about a specific time period, I’m all over it! Another thing I’m pretty pumped about would be the activities. This semester, I promised myself that I would be involved more, so I have to keep that promise to myself. I got a chance to attend an event last night and I got a chance to meet our new president Dr. Pressimone. I must say that Dr. Pressimone seems like a really cool guy who is very dedicated to changing lives and helping Fontbonne be the best it could be. Welcome Dr. Pressimone! I also got a chance to meet our new vice president of student affairs, Joe Deighton, this week as well. He was very nice person and showed a great level of dedication to getting to know the campus and everyone in it! Welcome Mr. Deighton! All in all, my first impression of the new semester was that we are gonna have an amazing year together! Welcome back everyone! And a warm welcome to the class of 2018!