The Guide to STL: From a Non-St. Louisan

by Fontbonne University on September 29, 2014

in College Life,In Saint Louis

Coming from a suburb of Chicago, where the hottest hang out was a park (with a twisty slide!), I found St. Louis exciting. Everything felt new and fresh, I could even walk to places! That being said, I want to tell you the best things to do here — and there’s a lot. So, my top two will have to do for now.

A short walk away from Fontbonne University, there is a wonderful place called Forest Park. I like to call it the running mecca of  St. Louis because, as a runner, I’m there every day. The amount of runners, walkers, bikers, etc is amazing! The gathering of people in one spot inspires you to want to go out and breathe in fresh air! The trails are vast and nice to run, or walk, on. Forest Park is also home to beautiful sights and really awesome events. It was the place where the balloon glow occurred and many other events. Something is always going on in Forest Park and with Fontbonne being so close, I can’t help but to go out and join in.

The food and shopping options in St. Louis was a huge change! So much to do and all easily accessible, which was kind of new to me. The loop is  a great place to go for some retail therapy and lunch. My favorites include Mission Tacos, Blueprint, and Sole. Mission tacos has the best chicken tacos and I swear by them. When Blue Print has the best coffee that I’ve ever tasted. I’ve talked with the owner a lot, and he is passionate about what he does. Every cup is brewed individually and the coffee never tastes burned. They serve it from a beaker, a science beaker!

St. Louis is a pretty busy place with enough places and options to make you feel overwhelmed, but you’ll always find your favorite! Happy exploring!