When Fontbonne Hands you Lemons, Get Involved

by Alumni Posts on September 23, 2014

in Academics,College Life,Extracurricular

“Why are you so involved?” This was the question my supervisor asked me at work last week when I told him I wasn’t closing because I had to go play in the volleyball tournament for ODK.

Although my response was, “I ask myself that question every day,” and those that know me think I’m crazy for taking on as much as I do, you’re only in college once. I’m only at Fontbonne once. Not only that, I feel as though life is about making the most out of what you’re given. Fontbonne gives me an incredible amount to make the most of, so here I am.

Omicron Delta Kappa: a national leadership honor society in its second year on campus

Fontbonne Student Ambassadors: a student organization closely tied to the Office of Admission, giving tours to prospective students daily

Griffin Girls: the dance team and spirit squad of Fontbonne University

Enactus: a business entrepreneurial organization, also on a national level, in its second year at Fontbonne

All this, coupled with an (almost) full time job in retail, classes, and other activities makes my life difficult at times, but so fulfilling thanks to Fontbonne. I have one busy schedule that helps me make the most of my wonderful life as a Fontbonne Griffin.