My FABulous Friend

by Alumni Posts on September 24, 2014

in College Life,Organizations, Activities & Events

Meet Brooke Stochl. She is my best friend at Fontbonne. We first met about a year ago at the beginning of my junior year, and her sophomore year, through our involvement in FAB (Fontbonne Activities Board). She was the Films Chairperson while I was the Daytime Activities Chairperson. Currently during the 2014-2015 school year, Brooke is the President of FAB (I am so proud!) and I am in charge of all Live Performance events. Of course we were around each other for all the meetings and events, but we were probably considered acquaintances until this past February. That’s when everything changed. There was a conference in Boston that we both attended. Therefore, we naturally spent a lot of time together that week since we were the only ones on the trip (besides our advisor). And after we got back to St. Louis, we continued to hang out very frequently, on a professional and personal level. There are some pictures below of us working together last week throughout FAB’s Spirit Week. We were also bonding as best friends at the Cardinals game, Wild Country, and Neon Volleyball tournament.

Brooke has become that person that I talk to everyday about anything and everything. We can even carry on a conversation about nothing. Best friends have the skills to do that with each other. She is my rock and voice of reason. It’s amazing how quickly our friendship developed, and I’m thankful every day that it did. I appreciate her willingness to listen, give advice, support, and positivity. Brooke is such a fun person that I enjoy being around at any given moment. Also, I feel completely comfortable being my goofy self when in her presence. Ultimately, I am a happier person because she is in my life.

Many changes are bound to occur throughout college. As hard as it is to admit, some friends will just come and go. However, it is reassuring to know that there is someone that you know will always be there for you, even beyond the years at school. Everyone needs someone like this in their life, and I’m confident and pleased to say that Brooke Stochl is that person in mine.

brooke and I