Dueling Pianos

by Alumni Posts on September 17, 2014

in Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

I have heard great things about the Dueling Pianos event from other students. I had never been to any event like this kind, but I had the night free to attend. DSAC had an inviting feeling, the lights were off except a few on the stage, chairs and tables faced the stage, and of course there was food. There were two pianos on the stage with microphones. There were maybe twenty to thirty students there, so it was a good size and they seemed to be excited for the performance. I sat with my friends and was in for a treat.

Anyone could request any song, if the pianists knew it then they played. There were rules, sing along or clap, and have fun. They played a lot of Disney and popular songs of today. I requested “Twist & Shout” by The Beatles, one of my favorite bands. They did play it and everyone sung at the chorus. There were songs that I heard of and hadn’t heard before. There was great crowd participation which made it a blast. I enjoyed going to this event, I am glad that Fontbonne hosted this event.